Best Distro for Blind

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Apr 30 22:32:19 UTC 2021

I think it may be possible with ubuntu mate to totally disable the
graphical user environment by means of a sudo systemctl disable
display-manager.service.
That way those who function better in command line environments would be
able to use that distro and have it boot into console.  espeakup or fenrir
would need installing before the first reboot and fenrir would need
configuring and enabling.
I could live with ubuntu coming up in console and then have the option
using startx to start up mate and orca but I'm thinking that would need
more configuring of ubuntu to get that working properly.
In any event the necessary configuration steps to do this would be helpful
for us primarily console users when we have to use ubuntu and have that
documented on the ubuntu wiki in an appropriate location.