Help, I need a Windows VM for my work

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Aug 10 13:59:59 UTC 2021

Hi again Brandt,

The script is attached

Intructions for use:
1. Create a directory ~/qemu
Assuming that your username is brandt; hust type to do that:
mkdir /home/brandt/qemu
or just:
mkdir ~/qemu
As a reminder, ~ stands for /home/<username>
In my case /usr/didier, in yours I assume /home/brandt
but anyway the output of this command will tell you:
echo ~

2. move the Windows ISO file in ~/qemu,  renamed ~/qemu/win windows.iso
For instance her I did this:

/data/images_ISO/Windows10_InsiderPreview_Client_x64_fr-fr_21354.iso

3. Download the script windows.sh and store it somewhere
Change to the directory where it is installed and run it like this:
sh windows.sh
Then press Enter.
Press  Enter again after 5 seconds to make sure it starts the Windows
Wait patiently until the installer displays its first screen in the VM.

Notes:
You need to be in a graphical environment like Mate.
If the VM steals the focus, type Ctrl+Alt+G to get it back on the host.

After Windows installation, running the script should start Windows
directly in
the VM.

Cheers,
Didier