Help, I need a Windows VM for my work

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Aug 10 14:30:27 UTC 2021

Hi Didier,

there was no script attached, maybe the listmanager removed ist :-(. Can you
send me the script also please?

I was also experimenting with Qemu and Windows during the last weeks and had
a Win 10 pro running, but sometimes the VM was to slow to have a good
working expirience :-(. I am using a Dell XPS 13 laptop with 16 GB memory
and a Intell I7 cpu with 1,9 GHz. I was using the virtio drivers for Windows
to speed up things as much as possible and I also deactivated as many
unnecessary things in the Windows VM, but especialy with much disk I/O
everything was not snappy enough to work :-(.

When running Windows as the host system and using VMware to virtualize linux
guests I do not have those problems.

How are your and also others experiences with virtualized Windows systems on
Linux hosts? Are the systems fast enough to work smoothly or do you also
those kind of problems? What settings have you changed in the Windows guest
to have a system which is fast enough and what Qemu parameters do you use
especialy for the hardsisk image?

Cheers and thanks,

  Schoepp