Word Echo in Espeakup

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Aug 14 00:17:12 UTC 2021

Hi Didier,

Thanks for a response. Let me try to clarify inline:

On Sat, Aug 14, 2021 at 01:48:33AM +0200, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
>Hi Ishe,
>
>If a feature of speakup allows to echo a word when the space bar is pressed
>after having typed it, I don't know it.
>
>I CC the speakup mailing list as someone with a better answer probably
>reads it.

Thanks for that, I had been looking for this feature for a long time. If possilbe, whaat's the mailing list address?

>I am curious though: I know hat Orca provides this feature, but do you
>know a
>console screen reader providing it, then which one is it?
Fenrir has that feature. In fact, I find that when I want to write long documents, I have to switch off Espeakup and use Fenrir. In the fenrir's settings.conf, the option is by default:

wordEcho=false
  And I changed it to
wordEcho=true