How to make brltty start at boot?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Aug 16 17:38:55 UTC 2021

On Sun, Aug 15, 2021 at 04:53:57PM +0200, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I find that my BRLTTY does not start at system boot, is there anything I can
> do to make it do so? I know that if you have a display connected, it will do
> so, however, I don't always have the display connected to the Linux machine,
> mainly because I also have a MacBook, and only one display.

I'm curious, why would you want to run brltty without a connected display?

> If anyone can help, thanks so long.

you need to do several things.
1. if you don't wante to start brltty  at desplay connection.
  you need to mask[1] brltty at .service
2. you need to enable your desplay in etc/brltty.conf
3. and then enable and start brltty.path unit.

[1]: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Systemd#Using_units

--
Sincerely, Alexander