Help booting live disk

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Dec 2 22:57:56 UTC 2021

Depending on the date of the bios on a machine booting from usb sticks is
possible on the newer hardware and not supported on the older hardware.
I've never heard of a flash bios update adding this support but it may be
possible.  My amd machine has an outdated bios on it but even with that it
boots from usb sticks.  The older computer I had built in 2008 was too old
for usb stick booting to work.