two questions for the experts

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Dec 2 23:16:15 UTC 2021

Hi Friends,

I have two questions. I hope some of you who are well versed with Linux
and orca can help.

First, Is it possible to make a keyboard shortcut to switch between
Screen reader profiles? I made a profile with the Arabic voice to read
Arabic Material, and another profile for English. I had to do that
because Voxin does not support automatic language switching, or at least
not yet.

I know how to switch profiles by going to the orca settings, but it will
be great if there is a shortcut to switch profiles on the fly.

My second question is: how can I change the speed rate of orca? The
Arabic voice I use reads slowly for my liking. Is there a way of
adjusting the speed? I looked at the sixty shortcuts of Orca but I saw
nothing that may answer any of my two questions.

Cheers,

Ibrahim