Suggestions for Ratpoison-friendly apps?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Dec 4 18:47:00 UTC 2021

I just found another file manager called spacefm. It appears to be
somewhat larger than pcmanfm, but it doesn't have the libfm dependency,
so that functionality seems to be integrated into it. I have it reading
my files and folders right out of the box. So this one could work. Best
of all, it pulls in no dependencies at all from what I can tell. The
problem with spacefm is that the latest stable release is in fact quite
old, March 2018, so it most likely will never see another update. It
does apparently have vfs support, but it doesn't use the usual gvfs back
ends. From what I've read of it though, it does seem to be able to do
automounting and that sort of thing, as pcmanfm can do.

~Kyle