Useful aliases in .bashrc?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Dec 5 17:26:12 UTC 2021

In my .bash_aliases file I have:
alias rnv='rvlc --quiet --novideo --key-vol-up 123 --no-skinned-playlist'
alias ft='date +"%r"'
alias gen-password="head -c 16 /dev/urandom | base64 | cut -c -22"
alias td="date '+Time: %r %n Date: %A %B %-d %Y %n Week: %U %n Day Of
Year: %j'"

To use that .bash_aliases has to be sourced from .profile.
The first one makes vlc work well for me I need audio and don't need
video.  The second gets the clock time off of date.
The third can help when prompted for a new password and your mind goes
blank, just remember to braille the one you like and use when that comes
up.
The fourth gives me date information in detail; working with numerology
it's sometimes useful to have all of that information.