Suggestions for Ratpoison-friendly apps?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Dec 5 18:04:18 UTC 2021

Dillo gives me no speech at all here, and even tab says nothing. As I
recall, I've tried dillo several times on various distributions, and at
no time have I been able to get it speaking. On the other hand, I do
still seem to have fairly good luck with Midori, which is about the
fastest and most lightweight browser that works with Orca that I know.
It seems to have some glitches, especially places where it gets stuck,
but it does mostly work OK.  Having said this, Seamonkey, which you
indicated you already have, is able to replace both Firefox and
Thunderbird, and you can start it as either an email application using
the command line

seamonkey --mail

or as a browser just by running it without any flags or with a URL. I'm
not sure it's any lighter than Firefox when it runs as a browser, but it
certainly does appear to be lighter than Thunderbird when used to read
and write email.

~Kyle