Suggestions for Ratpoison-friendly apps?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Dec 6 15:31:43 UTC 2021

The best way I found to set up gmail in Seamonkey is as follows.

You will first need to be sure IMAP is enabled in gmail. Then you set
the server type to IMAP in Seamonkey mail. The server name is
imap.gmail.com, leave the port alone for now, then set the username to
your full email address. The smtp server is smtp.gmail.com, same
username. Once you set up the email account, select "mail and news group
account settings" from the edit menu. First change the security to
SSL/TLS. Then under the outgoing server settings in the tree, activate
the edit button and make the same change to the security setting. You
may need to close Seamonkey mail at this point, but the next time you
open it, you will be prompted for your password. If all went well, you
should have access to your gmail mailbox. I do agree it's a bit of a
hassle, but it is lighter and faster than Thunderbird.

~Kyle