I have some questions about braille TTY, running alongside orca.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Dec 7 00:49:07 UTC 2021

Good afternoon, my subject line and someone says it all, should I run
braille TTY alongside orca, or should I use the braille facility built
into orca to drive my braille display? I am running Ubuntu 2110 and a
virtual machine. Although orca is running, I can't understand that
robotic voice anymore. That's why I am extremely interested in adding
support for my braille display. The second question is because my
braille display is one of the latest, and greatest. Is it even
supported? I use a human where Brailliant BI 40 X display. I normally
run it in a new USB mode when I have to use an assistive listening
device for the computer. This is especially true if the listening device
must be Bluetooth, because in the host operating system which is Mac OS
Monterey, it appears that you cannot run Bluetooth audio, and Bluetooth
braille together. If this happens, speech is extremely choppy to
unintelligible. USB braille when using Bluetooth audio and Bluetooth
braille. I suspect that this is something to do with my machine.

Since whenever I use the guest, I use braille in USB mode I'm thinking
supporting this should be substantially easier than if I were to use
Bluetooth for instance. Does anyone have any thoughts, and/or
suggestions on this issue? Please be aware that I am dictating this to
the computer, so there's something that I have written above, please
reach out to me and asked me what I might have meant. I look forward to
clearing up any misunderstandings that might come up as a result of the
above written text. Thank you all very much for reading this.