Other lightweight WM?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Dec 7 17:46:27 UTC 2021

I personally use the fast, light window manager(flwm).

Granted, I'm using a script provided by my distro that lets me launch
Firefox+orca in a very stripped down Xserver rather than anything
resembling a desktop that can handle multiple GUI applications at one
time, and the only thing I've figured out about the script is how to
change which window manager it uses(it defaults to compiz, flwm is the
smallest window manager I've tried that kept Firefox+Orca functional).

Also, flwm uses alt+delete instead of alt+F4 as its close current
window command, and this is hardcoded. If you want alt+F4 in flwm, you
need to compile from source with a non-standard config.