Using lynx to Dump a text file in to a Web Form

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Dec 7 20:59:28 UTC 2021

Tim here.  If your focus is on a text-entry field, using control-x
followed by control-e will save the content to a temporary file and
then open your configured editor (whether in your lynx configuration,
your $VISUAL environment variable, or falling back to your $EDITOR
environment variable) pointed at that file.  You can then merrily
edit the file. When you save & quit (or just quit without saving) the
file that was on disk will become the contents of the text-entry
field.

It also happens to be the same key-combination used in bash to invoke
your $EDITOR/$VISUAL on the command you're currently typing so you
can edit the command with the full power of that editor.

Hope this helps,

-Tim