Other lightweight WM?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Dec 7 23:47:40 UTC 2021

According to Aptitude, jwm is 351k uncompressed while flwm is only
124k. Flwm also has fewer dependencies, though admittedly, most of
jwm's dependencies are already installed on my system(probably
depended on by xserver-xorg-core, Firefox-esr, or Orca either directly
or indirectly), though switching to jwm would require me to install a
terminal emulator.

And ctrl+Q to quit Firefox works in flwm, but I'm pretty sure that's
an application level hotkey, not a window manager level hotkey. Not
that I ever use it deliberately(my preferred means of closing Firefox
is using ctrl+w on the last tab, I mainly use ctrl+delete for getting
a count of open tabs via the You have n tabs open are you sure you
want to quit dialog it triggers when I have multiple tabs open, which
ctrl+q use to bypass.

No clue on flwm's RAM usage, but considering that Firefox and Orca are
a behemoth and a leviathan respectively, it's probably insignificant
by comparison... I'll admit my system does slow down sometimes if I
try loading pages in Firefox that are either really long or lousy with
excessive amounts of JavaScript, but then again, my system only has
4GB of Ram and all of my internal drives are platter-based.