Switching to a Different email Client

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Dec 8 17:58:35 UTC 2021

I have been using nmh for at least 25 years and there are enough
growing pains now to think seriously about at least getting
another user agent to better handle html messages and
securelinks.

	The system is debian which means that it comes loaded
with exim4 which answers to the name sendmail or mail and is the
MTA found on debian distributions.

	I have it set to put individual messages in ~/Mail/folder
which I would like to keep as much of that as possible to be able
to still read about 25 years of archives at times.

	I am a command-line junky although I do live in the 21ST
century and have used gnome but I am not sure this system is
quite beefy enough for gnome so I'd like to stay in the
command-line world as in let's not have to boil the ocean so I
can occasionally click on a link that is in a html message.

	The situation which I am dealing with right this minute
is that I need to reset my password on a web site that our smart
thermostat uses and it sends you a confirmation message that has
a securelink in it.  Click that link and, hopefully, you get
approved to reset your password.  I don't know what happens
because i have yet to see it work.  The web page that the link
goes to defaults to a message stating that "This link has already
expired." which, I guess, changes to something else if you happen
to correctly respond to it.

	Basically, is there anything in the command-line world
that I could install which would help in these situations?

	If I could do that while still leaving nmh around, that
would be a big bonus.  The goal is to shred as little as possible
and be able to respond to securelinks in html.

Thanks in advance.

Martin McCormick