Ignoring hard wrapping when doing copy and paste.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Dec 12 00:12:31 UTC 2021

Okay, so my text editing environment of choice is Nano running in the
Linux Console, and I'm constantly using the justify function to hard
wrap text because lines wider than the screen are difficult to work
with.

If I need to post something I wrote in nano online, but can't just
upload the .txt, I'll save, close nano, switch to tty1 where I usually
have Firefox running in a stripped down xserver, open the text file in
Firefox, and copy and paste into the text box.

>From my perspective, everything works fine, but I've gotten complaints
from sighted users about the extra line breaks from the hardwrapping
making text posted in this manner hard to read.

Is there a way to make Firefox ignore the hard wrapping when copying
text from a hardwrapped text file to a web form, or failing that, an
easy means of copying a hardwrapped text file to an unwrapped text
file?