Attempting a Jenux install, again.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Dec 14 12:59:58 UTC 2021

ell there's a history of posts as far as Jenux breaking with people way
more qualified than me digging through the code and having things break
on their installs. I've personally had Jenux corrupt a flash drive to
the point it's a glorified paprweight due to shenanigans with writing to it.

That being said. Now Arch itself has the guided mode installer, which is
perfectly useable with espeakup and that once installed, as of this
month auto enables speech/braille at the end of the install, I'd argue
Arch are doing a better job at making their systems accessible* than
people assume though. I;d also say okay, Arch has a guided installer
that works** and if booted with accessibility on, keeps those settings
and gives you a working (base, mind) system out of the box.

* Provided you install alsa-utils/espeakup as per a normal accessibility
Arch install. There's a step in the guided installer where it asks for
extra packages, that's where you plug alsa-utils/espeakup in.
espeakup.service gets auto enabled at the end of the install as part of
the installer

** Works, as long as you're okay with a base install but getting a DE up
and running isn't that bad really once you did the install. I've not got
the desktop ones to work currently but still poking at it. I'm tempted
to add in orca-speech-dispatcher and so forth into the extra packages step.

at that however.