Lightweight terminal with select all?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Dec 15 02:13:11 UTC 2021

Tim here.  I usually run within tmux which gives me a scrollback
"copy mode" I can navigate and copy portions.  So I might do
(assuming control+b is my prefix-key)

   control+b
   space (starts the selection)
   g  (goes to the top)
   enter (ends/captures the selection)

I can then use

   tmux showb

to dump that to standard out (or pipe it to a file or some other
program if I need) such as

   tmux showb > scrollback.txt

or

   tmux showb | grep -i "spatula"

or even send it to a remote machine

   tmux showb | ssh me at example.com "cat > scrollback_remote.txt"

There might be terminal-specific was to do similar things, but tmux
works in all of them.

Here's hoping that gives you something to work with,

-tim