How can I add Arabic as a recognition language to Lios?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Dec 20 04:09:48 UTC 2021

Thanks Didier,

Unfortunately, I tried your suggestion and still got zero accuracy of
OCR of Arabic letters. I typed a Paragraph of Arabic and printed and
then scanned, but the outcome was gibbirish, all in latin characters. I
typed a paragraph in English and printed it out, when I scanned, the OCR
accuracy was excellent.  So, ther is some problem with the Arabic
recognition.  It seems to me that although Arabic is listed, the OCR
engine is not actually trying to recognize Arabic.

Cheers,

Ibrahim