Dealing with seemingly blank combo boxes.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Dec 20 18:36:06 UTC 2021

Good Afternoon,

I don't know if there are any other heavy users of Kickstarter on
either of the lists I'm sending this to, but if there are, I'm sure
you've noticed that the various third party services creators use for
post-campaign pledge management aren't always the most accessible.

Well, the newest addition to the pile of screen reader unfriendly
pledge managers is something called Pledge Box, and the main problem
I'm having are it's combo boxes.

I can jump between them with the c key as usual, and I can expand them
just fine, but once expanded, there's nothing there, Orca is
completely silent until I exit out of the combo box. I can't recall a
similar issue on any other websites, and I've tried every trick for
working around bad web design I can think of.

Unfortunately, since the pages giving me trouble are part of
completing an order, I can't really provide a link.

So any tips or potential workarounds I might not know of?

If it matters, I'm using:

Orca 41.1
Firefox ESR 91.4