what is the best virtualiser solution for running windows on ubuntu 18.04

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Dec 27 20:47:49 UTC 2021

I still need to run Windows apps every so often so am looking for the
best virtualiser to run a Windows version. Sound seems to be the
problem. My organisations preferred solution of virtualbox is way too
choppy to run  NVDA usably. The machine is a 2019 lenovo laptop with 8
processors and 16gb. I'm running ubuntu 18.04 currently at kernal
5.4.0.
thanks in advance
Peter

--
Peter Rayner (he/him), Level 1, 187 Grattan St.
Academic Lead - Climate & Energy College <https://www.climatecollege.unimelb.edu.au>