Starting Ubuntu Linux in Text Mode with Speech

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Feb 17 16:59:30 UTC 2021

Hi,

I am running Ubuntu Linux 20.04 for the past twelve months. However, I
am having problems when trying to set it to start in text mode with
speech. Doing:

sudo systemctl set-default multi-user.target

will boot into text mode, but then there will be no speech. So My
question is: Can we run Ubuntu in text mode with speech? For those who
successfully booted into text mode, can you please share some tips on
how I can configure my system to always run in text mode but with
speech, whether it be Speakup or Fenrir? By the way, both of these are
installed, but they are not triggered when I log in virtual console
mode.

Thanks in advance for your help,

--
Ishe

Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas. :
   Albert Einstein