luetooth connection to Brailliant BI 32 from Ubuntu 18.04

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Feb 21 06:41:23 UTC 2021

This connection isn't working. From the command line I can
* pair with the device
* trust the device
connect <address> fails with:
Failed to connect: org.bluez.Error.InProgress
This is from a Lenovo laptop running Ubuntu 18.04. I have connected
several bluetooth devices to the laptop and the Brailliant to a phone
so both bits of hardware appear to be working.
Any suggestions for troubleshooting welcome
regards
Peter

--
Peter Rayner