Running Android Voices in Linux?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Feb 27 17:55:48 UTC 2021

Hi Chime,
I am also interested in more natural voices for Linux. I don't have experience with Android so I can't offer any suggestions, but I'd really like to see more options become available for natural TTS voices for Linux. I use Ivona on Windows and I've been looking around for any way to get Ivona on Linux. So far I havn't had much luck with my research but it sounds like you might have found a possible option if you or anyone else can figure out how to make it happen.
Personally I am not a fan of Google products in general so I don't use Android. But if there is a way to simply use the Android TTS voices without any linking to Google, then I'd be really interested in that. Do you happen to know if Anbox would make it possible to run the Android voices locally on the Linux computer similarly to how you can have Ivona voices locally on Windows without it linking to any Google services or servers? Or does Anbox need to be connected to a Google server to operate? I'm only interested in localized options.
Anyways, I wish I could give you some tips but I just don't have experience with this, just wanted to let you know that I too am interested in more natural voices for Linux besides the Nuance voices through Voxin. More possibilities for more natural voices would be very much appreciated.
I'd love to know if you have any success with this.
Best of luck,
SL