Running Android Voices in Linux?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Feb 28 17:30:22 UTC 2021

Hey Chime,
Thank you, I see the link, I'll check it out.
I'll read up on it and familiarize myself if there is any Ivona licensing legalities involved to help me determine if these files or if the readspeaker Ivona sdk would be the best to work with for a project that could potentially result in a widely dispersed program if all went well. The terms of agreement (I'm assuming there may be some), may be different for individual use versus being integrated into a project that could have global potential. I don't know, havn't checked it out yet.
Thank you so much for sharing the link to those files and I look forward to reading all about them.
Once I decide what to work with, either these files, or the readspeaker sdk, it will likely take me some time trying to reach out to the local organizations around me, considering that last I checked, some of their physical meetups were on hold due to the whole statewide off and on shutdown stuff. But I know a computer business in town whose employees work with a lot of the Linux setups around here and they are open. So I'll start with asking them, and if they don't have the connections I'm looking for, I'll try emailing the Linux groups in nearby cities. So it might take some time, but if I manage to get a project going, I'll definitely let you know.
Hi Kyle,
Thank you for that suggestion and for the commands to clone RHVoice. I've never cloned a program before, sounds interesting, I look forward to trying it. Here's to hoping it will work for me.
Thank you and have a great day,
SL