speech output log

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Jan 4 02:23:14 UTC 2021

dmesg | grep -i "codey"
will show you what happens as the speech server starts up.
After that, if you have a man page or info page or /usr/share/doc/codey/
directory check to see if anything interesting lives there.
With a man or info pages sometimes configuration options and configuration
files are identified.  Good idea to read through these to see if any of
them can solve your problem(s).