Is this a glitch with Orca and Libre Office?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Jan 12 10:45:22 UTC 2021

I can confirm this bug as well here. Seems that Orca has a bug that it
cannot read Libreoffice documents. I tried updating from version 6 to 7,
but seems the problem never disappeared. Unfortunately, it seems
Libreoffice is the only program that can handle office documents on
Linux.

On Tuesday, 12 January 2021, at 10:04, Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Whenever I am reading long documents in Libre Office with the Orca say all command capslock semicolon, after a page or so, without touching anything, it will randomly jump me pages forward in the document, sometimes like half way through the file and then I have to scroll all the way back up to where it glitched.
> I used to think that maybe this was an issue with Linux Mint MATE and Libre Office.
> But now I also have another laptop running Slint and it does the same thing when using capslock semicolon to read all in a Libre Office document.
> So considering that I am experiencing this in two completely different Distros, I am beginning to think it is some sort of interaction with Orca and Libre Office.
> Have any of you experienced this? Not being able to read long documents in Libre Office because Orca jumps to some random place in the document?
> Is there a way to fix this?
> Or do you just use a different word processor? I don't mind downloading something new if thats what it takes.
> Thanks,
> SL

Ishe
Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas. :
   Albert Einstein