[arch-announce] Manual pages indexing service (fwd)

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Jan 14 12:04:55 UTC 2021

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 21:45:21
From: "Arch Linux: Recent news updates: Sven-Hendrik Haase via arch-announce"
     <arch-announce at lists.archlinux.org>
To: arch-announce at archlinux.org
Cc: "Arch Linux: Recent news updates: Sven-Hendrik Haase"
     <arch-announce at archlinux.org>
Subject: [arch-announce] Manual pages indexing service

We are happy to announce our newest public service: A manual pages indexing site at [man.archlinux.org](https://man.archlinux.org) that publishes the man pages of all our packages and allows you to [search](https://man.archlinux.org/search) and [browse](https://man.archlinux.org/listing) them. Check out, for example, the [man page of tar](https://man.archlinux.org/man/core/tar/tar.1.en).

You can also find this service linked to in the sidebar as well as on every package detail page. Thanks to Wiki Admin [lahwaacz](https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/User:Lahwaacz) for developing [archmanweb](https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/archmanweb) for this purpose.

While there are other man page indexing sites out there, it is our hope that publishing man pages matching the versions of our released packages further improves Arch accessibility and documentation.