an espeak phenomena

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Jan 19 19:21:28 UTC 2021

I'm using speakup with espeak and espeakup, and over the past
couple of weeks I've noticed an odd phenomena: on occasion, the speech sounds gravelly. If I continue to
use speakup the gravelliness or roughness of the voice becomes
worse and worse. But If I stop the speech and wait a few seconds, the speech smoothes out and I
can use speakup extensively with no problems, at least until the problem recurs a few days later.

Does anyone have  a clue what's going on?

Thanks
Rudy Vener

--
Rudy Vener