Is there an easy to use Equalizer for Ubuntu based Distros?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Jan 23 10:05:57 UTC 2021

Hey guys,
I'm looking for an equalizer for Ubuntu based Distros that I can use to adjust the bass.
I tried Pulse Effects but it made my TTS synth sound all crackly.
I was hoping that an equalizer would be included in alsamixer but it doesn't seem like it.
In doing some searches it seems like I would have to install an additional plugin called alsaequal.
But after you install alsaequal, you apparently have to configure it in a conf file.
I don't know how to edit conf files yet and I was hoping for a simpler solution than that.
I eventually want to learn how to edit conf files but that sounds like a big project just to get the equalizer to work and for now I'd prefer something that functions without extensive configuration.
I was wondering if any of you know of an easy to use equalizer?
Thanks,
SL