Interesting arch issue

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Jul 2 18:58:55 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I have in the past installed Arch successfully, but now, for some unknown
reason every time I do so by hand, AKA "the arch way", something is wrong
with my grub and seeing that I am at the moment installing in "VMware
Workstation 16 Player" for windows, I cannot boot back in to installation
media to repair grub.

Seeing that I am installing for bios boot, I do the following.

$ pacman -Sy grub

$ sudo grub-install -target=i386-pc /dev/sda

$ grub-mkconfig /boot/grub/grub.cfg

If I am doing something wrong here, please help?

Somehow I got Arch installed using archfi, though I find using that script
to be a pain, because it does not install accessibility tools such as
espeakup, Orca and espeak. I also found that the sound didn't work until I
reinstalled alsa and alsa-utils.

Warm regards,

Brandt Steenkamp