Starting linux again

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Jul 7 14:59:48 UTC 2021

On Wed, 7 Jul 2021, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:

> Just make sure Debian supports all of your hardware first. My Acer
> Espire E-1574... or 1575... worked on Arch install but not when trying to
> install Debian. Also be aware that many packages will probably be versions
> out of date of upstream, so missing features and possible fixes. Besides
> that it would probably be a good console system.

If you're willing to roll the dice a bit, Debian Bullseye is approaching a
release and will obviously have newer software than the current stable
version.  Also, I'm sure they'd like installation reports, especially if
there are any issues.  Accessibility-related issues can be reported to the
debian-accessibility mailing list.

You can find out more about Bullseye at
https://www.debian.org/releases/bullseye/

You can find out mroe about accessibility in Debian at
https://wiki.debian.org/accessibility

HTH,
Geoff.