Fedora pros and cons

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Jul 17 01:14:37 UTC 2021

The double voice issue is a problem caused by the alsa front-end plugin
called dmix. It doesn't seem to start late or anything, but it seems to
somewhat slow down the audio input before sending it to the output
device. Well, that's the best way I can describe it, as it starts out
responsive enough, but if you try to interrupt one sound to play
another, similar to the way your arrows interrupt speaking the previous
line to speak the new current line, the new line will talk over the old
one, because the latency increases the longer the first line speaks. It
can talk over itself for half a second or more. I have never noticed
this problem with any other simultaneous stream mixing system, only dmix.

~Kyle