recommended OCR solutions on Arch Linux

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Jul 17 20:54:09 UTC 2021

Hello there,

I have installed lios-git, but when I try running it from my GUI, it
doesn't, while when I try running it from terminal, the command I tried was
lios
this is the output I get, although I am sure all the deps are satisfied.

[francisco at Blueblink ~]$ lios
/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/lios/ui/gtk/text_view.py:21: PyGIWarning:
Gtk was imported without specifying a version first. Use
gi.require_version('Gtk', '4.0') before import to ensure that the right
version gets loaded.
  from gi.repository import Gtk
/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/lios/ui/gtk/widget.py:24: PyGIWarning: Atk
was imported without specifying a version first. Use
gi.require_version('Atk', '1.0') before import to ensure that the right
version gets loaded.
  from gi.repository import Atk
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/lios", line 19, in <module>
    from lios.main import *
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/lios/main.py", line 27, in
<module>    from lios import scanner, editor, imageview, cam, ocr,
preferences, speech
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/lios/editor.py", line 20, in
<module>
    from lios.ui.gtk import text_view, tree_view, widget, dialog,
file_chooser,
containers, window
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/lios/ui/gtk/widget.py", line 166,
in <module>
    class Separator(Gtk.HSeparator):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gi/overrides/__init__.py", line
32, in __getattr__
    return getattr(self._introspection_module, name)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gi/module.py", line 123, in
__getattr__
      raise AttributeError("%r object has no attribute %r" % (
AttributeError: 'gi.repository.Gtk' object has no attribute 'HSeparator'
[francisco at Blueblink ~]$
Does anyone know what this is and how to fix it?
Thanks for any answer.
Best regards.
Francisco.