Twitter, again

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Jul 21 20:27:09 UTC 2021

Hi Branbdt,

no cawbird in Slint, sorry.

But several clients can be built from building stuff available
at https://slackbuilds.org 'somehow similar to the AUR

Just type:
spi twitter
to know your options.

If you want one type as root:
slapt-src -i <package>

as noted in:
https://slint.fr/doc/HandBook.html#Get_additional_applications

Caveat: for now there is an issue; six is noted as a dep of several
packages in the list, but actually python-six, included in Slint, is the
same
software. I hope to solve that in the coming days.

For now, as a workaround you can accept to build and install six as deps,
although it will be somehow redundant.

Oh, and you don't always need to get a new computer to install Slint on bare
metal, there are other possibilities noted in:
https://slint.fr/doc/HandBook.html#_features_of_the_installer

Also, feel free to use one of our support channels:
https://slint.fr/doc/HandBook.html#_support_and_contributions

For IRC, Slint includes pidgin and irssi.

Cheers,
Didier
--
Didier Spaier