A question about adding keyboard shortcuts in mate

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Jul 27 06:56:06 UTC 2021

Hello there,

What I was thinking of doing was assigning a keyboard shortcut to
ocrdesktop, plus ocrdesktop with everyone of it's flags.
I could do that in Gnome, but I can't do it in Mate, and I can't install
gnome, because some apps, LIOS for example, don't like GTK4 for some
reason, and throw errors.
In Gnome I could just say, create a keyboard shortcut, for example,
ctrl+alt+shift+1, with name, ocrdesktop, and with command, ocrdesktop, and
it would work, I'd just have to write it all down, which was kool.
In Mate, however, I have to find the app, which sucks.
If I can't do it, how am I supposed to recognize the current window? I'd
have to type ocrdesktop from the terminal, and that would recognize the
current window, so the terminal, and I don't know if unrestricting that
function so it can recognize the entire workspace would do it.
Thanks for any answer.
Best regards.
Francisco.