Help with rclone.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Jul 28 23:29:03 UTC 2021

Okay, so a few days ago, I asked about cocmmand line clients for
connecting to Google drive... I've since found the following tutorial
for using rclone with Google drive:

https://rclone.org/drive/

But I'm running into issues with the authentication step of setting up
a new remote. I copy the URL rclone gives me into Firefox(which also
lead me to discovering the tee command for outputing both to stdout
and a file at the same time so I can copy the URL by opening the
output file in Firefox instead of switching back and forth between GUI
and the console to copy it manually), and log-in to my google
account... I get a success message in Firefox, but when I switch back
to the console, rclone has terminated with an error about a token
being signed by an unknown authority, and for some reason, tee doesn't
right the error to the output file, so I can't easily copy it into
this message.

Any idea what went wrong?