Solus and Broken Speech

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Jul 30 23:42:30 UTC 2021

Hi,

I gave the latest Mate spin of this distro a look, and like what I see,
in general; may put it onto one of my machines.  It seems to offer the
ease and convenience of something like Ubuntu, but, it's a rolling
release.  On the live system, I notise a persistent choppiness or
scratchiness of the speech.  Maybe something with speech dispatcher and
the audio system?  Other audio is not choppy.  Maybe people who are
using Solus, on a regular basis, can suggest configuration changes,
after the install, to solve the speech problem?

Thanks,

Dave  H.

Sent with Thunderbird and Slint