Interesting issue

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Jul 31 15:18:03 UTC 2021

Hi Brandt,

You are doing several things wrong, unfortunately:
1. Running Slint. I know that Slint is bad, as I am its maintainer :-)
2. Using sudo, unless you did configure it yourself. It is not
configured by default, so when running sudo you don't include in $PATH
the directories /sbin and /usr/sbin.
see about that the paragraph 3.4.1 in:
https://slint.fr/doc/HandBook.html#_the_shell
and also:
https://slint.fr/doc/shell_and_bash_scripts.html#sec-new-bash-root
So you could just type instead:
su -
spi -u
spi -U
exit #	or Ctrl+d

PS I have read you message:
https://listman.redhat.com/archives/blinux-list/2021-July/msg00191.html

I didn't answer yet because this needs some time to try to reproduce and
I am
rather busy right now.

Maybe post on the Slint mailing list? This could also help other users.

Last I plan to provide soon (maybe today) updates that will avoid
discrepancies
in packages' naming between slackbuilds.org and Slint, thus making slapt-src
more reliable.

Cheers,
Didier
--