Interesting issue

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Jul 31 16:32:14 UTC 2021

My guess is you didn't set sudo up right.
To do it you need to giv the user account permissions.
The best non-destructive way to do this is as root cd /etc/sudoers.d.
Then make a text file and it doesn't matter what you call it.  I have mine
called base.
In base the one line syntax is:
brent ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD:ALL
Be sure you got the capital letters correct and I'm assuming your user
account is brent.
Save the file and drop back to user account.
Next test your work by doing sudo -i and see what happens.