Setup of Raspberry PI

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Jul 31 18:14:55 UTC 2021

Hello,

I don't know about the older versions of Pi, but I've set up 4B
successfully without any sighted assistance using the official Raspberry
OS image.

Pranav Lav wrote a very good tutorial on his blog:

https://techesoterica.com/getting-the-orca-screen-reader-working-on-a-raspberry-pi-4-with-raspbian-buster-and-the-mate-desktop/

I have tweaked it a bit for my purposes, including configuration of the
language and wifi over SSH, using the default desktop environment (which
is a fork of LXDe) and installing Orca directly from the repository, as
the from source installation did not work very well - I was not able to
confirm the configuration requested on the first run.

Though I suppose this can be worked around simply by installing
source-compiled Orca over a repository installation, I use it this way
on my laptop and it works quite well (the repository version is not
updated anywhere near low frequently, so I'm not worried about things
getting messed. :) )

Best regards

Rastislav

Dňa 31. 7. 2021 o 17:41 Linux for blind general discussion napísal(a):