making an accessible version of Nushell

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Jun 22 16:57:06 UTC 2021

> hmm, this sounds definitely interesting!
> Rastislav

If anyone wants to get involved, the easiest thing to do is to get on the demo site (https://www.nushell.sh/demo) and play around.  Report any ideas or problems using the GitHub issue I started (https://github.com/nushell/nushell/issues/3663).

FYI, the Nushell code is written in Rust:

> Rust is a multi-paradigm programming language designed for performance and safety, especially safe concurrency.  Rust is syntactically similar to C++, but can guarantee memory safety by using a borrow checker to validate references.  Rust achieves memory safety without garbage collection, and reference counting is optional. -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust_(programming_language)

My impression is that Rust has a fairly steep learning curve, so jumping into the code base could be challenging.  OTOH, it might be interesting to scan some of the code just to see what it's like...

-r (Rich Morin)