Are Their Any Other Graphical Screen-Readers in Linux, Other than ORCA?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Mar 18 23:34:55 UTC 2021

Hello,

as for the different screenreaders part, I personally don't know about
any for gui, but the truth is that I'm still rather new on the free
platform (will be a year in the end of april), so I may have missed
something.

As for the experience part, perhaps it could help explaining a bit, what
are you not confortable with, and what are your expectations?

For example, as someone coming from Windows, it was a very nice surprise
for me to see a folders explorer, which doesn't throw me to the universe
every time I open something. :)

The interface is generally quite fast, has almost no unwanted elements
and had all the functions I needed so far.

Note that I'm running Ubuntu mate 20.04, 64-bit.

But everyone has different tastes, thus specifying the exact problems
can help to find appropriate solutions (if they do exist).

Best regards

Rastislav

Dňa 19. 3. 2021 o 0:14 Linux for blind general discussion napísal(a):