Decluttering Thunderbird/other alternatives?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Mar 18 23:36:01 UTC 2021

I'm using the latest Thunderbird on Ubuntu Mate 20.04, and yes the today
pane is what I'm refering to, which put a calendar above the folder
list, and the filter messages/search bar. Which is infinitely annoying
since Mozilla decided to have it on by default, and this was publicized
before the latest update of Thunderbird.

On the subject of Alpine/Mutt, I'm runnning into issues with Gmail
giving me critical security issues due to how Mutt/Alpine handle
authenticating things, so Tim, any ideas?