Are Their Any Other Graphical Screen-Readers in Linux, Other than ORCA?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Mar 19 00:34:44 UTC 2021

Wow, Karen, I absolutely loved your challenging inquiree. I would probably just
stay in the console if all web-sites were simple-and-text friendly, as they
were in 1997, before javascript ruined so much of our experiences. Next, I
would be thrilled to enjoy the best of both worlds of Vocal-Eyes and Speakup.
Vocal-Eyes was powerful with several dictionaries to customize how things were
spoken when read or typed. While I was rather happy in DOS for many years,
Linux provides me lots of sound options, I have 4 sound-cards with a
switch-box. I have 24 active consoles. Certainly, I would like to enjoy more
voices in a console in Linux, as there are in windows SAPI4. Also, OCR was so
simple when I had Openbook, but while there are certainly tools in Linux, you
must assemble your own scripts along the way. So, Karen-and-others, do those
answer your exciting questions? Thanks so much in advance.
Chime