No Talking GDM in Fedora 34 (workstation)

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu May 6 22:14:56 UTC 2021

Oh, and I had to use an ocr tool, on my smart phone, to get through the
initial user setup, too, but, how do I get the login screen talking?  There
appears to be sound; the volume pops play.  Maybe the 'alt+super+s'
shortcut isn't bound on login screen?  Maybe some gsettings thing isn't
set?  Whatever the case, I cannot get a talking login screen. Since I'm the
only user, it's not a huge thing, but, this should work, as it has done, in
prior versions.

Thanks,

Dave  Hunt