A question about Fenrir on Arch linux

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon May 17 18:42:29 UTC 2021

I don't know anything about Arch's package management, but my first
guess would be trying to install

libhspell
libvoikko
libnuspell

With whatever Arch uses in place of apt...

Doing some searches in Aptitude, libvoikko is a library for language
processing and libnuspell is a spellchecker. No results came up for
libhspell, but I suspect it might be related to hunspell, another
spellchecker... Checking the Debian package for Fenrir and doing some
dependency tracing, all three of these might be in the dependency tree
for python3-enchant, which Debian lists as one of Fenrir's
recommendations... Unless you need Fenrir to provide spell checking, I
think you can safely ignore these errors.

No clue about the lack of speech, though Debian also lists
speech-dispatcher and python3-speechd as recommends of Fenrir, and
while packages can usually function if none of the recommends are
satisfied, recommends are often required for important functionality.

No clue how much of this translates to an Arch environment, but
hopefully it gives you a starting point.