Arch linux not in boot menu

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed May 26 07:11:08 UTC 2021

26.05.2021 4:47, Linux for blind general discussion пишет:
> I have 3 operating systems on the same disk. Windows, slint and, as of this morning, arch. Installed in just that order. The bios type is UEFI.
> Slint runs grub, so I did not install it in arch.
> After completing the arch install, I got back into slint and ran
> update-grub
> It found arch on /dev/sda7
> When  I ran
> efibootmgr
> Arch was not listed there, however.
> What step did I miss?

you should take into account that efibootmgr shows the boot list in efi.
the update-grub command updated the list in the grub bootloader.
these are two different lists.
if you want to select os via the efi list, then I would recommend
installing some kind of bootloader in arch. i would use systemd-boot for
this.

--
Sincerely, Alexander.