PBI - shell access via HTML?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon Nov 1 03:46:42 UTC 2021

most modern linux commands that are run from a shell (whether nushell or
bash or whatever) are already fairly powerful, and are easily adaptable
to creating tabular output, especially when more complex pipelines to do
that are encapsulated in a script.

probably more to the point, accessing any shell via http usually requires
a separate webserver process (shellinabox or gateone), is ajax-dependent
(ajaxterm), is a java client (mindterm), or some combination; the latter two
may render html that's weird enough to be unrecognizable by screen readers,
and the first requires a dedicated server. and all of these, along
with the general concepts of what are called "reverse shells", often
come with difficult and subtle security exposures.

since nushell is just a shell like any other, if your screen-reader setup
can parse the output of any other shell (like bash), it can similarly
parse the output of nushell, i would think. and using the relatively
well-secured ssh setup, could be just as effective.